- Functional equivalence of college degree with high school diploma of generations past.
- Sky-high college tuition costs resulting in crippling debt loads for graduates.
- No guarantee that a college degree will be rewarded with a secure, good-paying, professional job, and the growing awareness in students and parents that a college education isn’t necessarily required for a happy, debt-free, prosperous life—there are alternatives.
- Online education that is ripe for fraud, and not worth the cost as professors (the main cost factor) are removed from their teaching role.
- Competing, often free, online education systems delivering a product of equal quality.
Political Correctness is the arch-enemy of truth, justice, and rationality.
Congratulations! You’ve found the Third Rail blog.
Censorship is alive and well. The vast majority of it comes from the left, from so-called “progressives.” An unexpected legacy of my generation’s ‘Free Speech’ movement, perhaps? As they say, “the road to hell is paved with good intentions.”
Support this blog site, stand up for real free speech, not just politically correct free speech. Become a follower and contribute to the discussions. Thank you.